Wednesday 30 October 2013

Doctoral Training


This is the lovely building I work in when I'm in Cranfield. It's light, bright, airy and reminds me of a Pizza Hut. It's just VERY quiet - which I find quite difficult to comply with. I don't come up often, but I love it here when I do.

I'm here today to attend my first 'Doctoral Training' session 'Getting Started with your Research'. As I started my PhD at an odd time, there wasn't any training available until now. At seven months in it's all a bit 'better late than never'. I definitely got some good ideas from the session, mainly on supervision. The best thing I took away from it was how to do a few of the things I'm already doing, an awful lot more efficiently. More time saved though means finding more things to do - I'm sure that won't actually be a problem though. Who's for cassoulet??

I'm booked onto four more sessions in November, so here's hoping that by December I'll know what I'm really supposed to be doing. Or at least the way in which I'm supposed to be doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment