Monday 13 October 2014

Achievements

Just having a think about all the little achievements that I have accomplished, as I am half way through my PhD, and struggling to stay sane. I'll go into more detail about each one, as and when they get even more exciting.


  • I have an interview for a science policy internship in Westminster
    • Just having the interview alone is so exciting, as I had to write a few different pieces of work for the application. Knowing that what I have written is good enough to get through to interview is a huge achievement.
  • I have had my poster abstract accepted at the BESSfe conference in Lille.
    • I get to go to Lille and use my poster as a catalyst for talking about my work, and I will hopefully make lots of really useful contacts.
  • I have closed my survey
    • No longer dedicating any time to pushing it, or finding new places to advertise it and try to make people do it. I really want this whole chapter of my thesis to be written, done and dusted by the end of this year. 
  • I have (almost) mastered using Netica to build Bayesian Belief Networks.
    • This is rather specific, and will mean something to some people, but nothing to others. I am rather proud of myself for this one as statistics have been the bane of my life since I began my academic career, so to actually know how to use a data interpretation programme is super exciting.
  • I have made business cards
    • When they come through I think that will be when I finally realise I am an adult.
  • I am still half sane, and halfway through something that I constantly tell myself I can't do!



No comments:

Post a Comment