Tuesday 4 November 2014

Policy Internship


I mentioned before about getting an interview for a three month policy internship, and how giddy I was, and proud of myself for getting the interview.

Well.

Last night I found out that I got it. I get to spend three months working for the Government Office for Science. In Westminster, so close to the Abbey that I imagine the entirety of the three months will be to the soundtrack of the choir boys!

The GO Science internship will involve me writing briefing notes, and background papers and organising workshops and meetings. I am so excited about this opportunity, I just want to start now.

This internship will give me the experience needed to get closer to my dream career in the science/policy sector. Doing a PhD used to be my ultimate dream, and now I am over half way through attaining that goal, I have realised the importance of the integration of science and policy, and I want to be involved in that.During the internship I'm going to meet a lot of people that I want to be when I "grow up", specifically Sir Mark Walport the Government Chief Scientific Adviser.

All I know as yet is that I have it, I don't yet know when I start, or what projects I'll be working on. But I do know that I have found the perfect super chic A4 sized bag to save up for, so I can carry all the important documents I'll be writing.

The next step is to reply to my offer with an acceptance, and work out how I'm going to live in London, or deal with a massive daily commute.


No comments:

Post a Comment