Monday 20 January 2014

Justifying IKEA

So, currently I am on my way to IKEA. This makes me feel guilty for two reasons. Firstly, I should be working. I have conquered this issue by getting up super early and finishing off my questionnaire, and sending it off to be approved. I have also made the falafel for tea. So efficient.

Secondly, I don't really like IKEA. My dislike of IKEA was started by my dad. He bought a house and made it cool. This process included enduring hour after hour, weekend after weekend in IKEA. Although the hot dogs and licorice did lessen the boredom, it just wasn't enough.
My other reason for disliking IKEA is my love of second hand. We have done quite well in furnishing our house with things that other people owned first. It has been 8 months now though and I need a dressing table. I am a girl. I like putting on make up and doing my hair. I have sourced, from eBay and charity shops, the mirror, the jewellery hooks and a few pots which will make up the dressing table. But I cannot find the storage space I need. So when mother said she was going, I couldn't help but say yes. At least then it wouldn't be my petrol that was killing the planet.

Thanks mum!

This afternoon, when I return home, I will be finishing a poster and writing an abstract for a Doctoral Training Centre conference. It needs to be submitted today. It'll be fine!

The list of events, presentations and training I have to do before the end of March is pretty long and intense! I like saying yes to everything, so I need to start acting on all of my yeses!!

We're here, coffee first then let's go get some storage.

Sorry for no pics I don't know how to do them on the mobile app!

EDIT...IKEA can do no wrong, free coffee before 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment